NO ANIMALS WILL BE MIXED IN WITH ANOTHER SPECIES’ TANK
- Amphibians adapted to the color of where they are living.
- Although some are small, most amphibians are predators
- Amphibian actually means double life
- It is an ectothermic vertebrae, as it spends most of its early life in water
- The red-eye tree frog’s eyes are red to scare away predators
- It uses its green body to hide from nighttime predators
- The red-eye tree frog is about the size of a tea cup
- It is also called the red-eye leaf frog
- The red-eye tree frog lives in the humidity of the amazon rainforest
- It is in good health in numbers where it lives
- Despite their colors, they are not poisonous
- The red-eye tree frog has sticky feet for climbing trees
The amphibians will be put into 3 separate tanks with 5 red-eye tree frogs in each tank.
- Humans are mammals
- Mammals usually carry babies in their bellies
- Two hundred and 70 million years ago, the first mammals roamed
- Even though dolphins and whales live in the sea, they also are mammals
- Mammals were one of the first land roamers.
- The Peruvian guinea pig has very long hair
- The Peruvian guinea pigs hair needs to be groomed daily
- The guinea pig originated from the south, but then came to northern America by boat
- The Peruvian guinea pig has the longest hair out of all the guinea pigs
- The Peruvian guinea pig eats hay and grass
- It lives in South America, and has good health.
There will be 5 mammal tanks with 3 Peruvian guinea pigs in each tank
- A bird is an endothermic vertebrae that has feathers and a four chambered heart, and lays eggs
- A birds bones are nearly hollow, making it easy for them to fly
- Most birds can fly
- Almost all birds have feathers
- Penguins are arctic birds that cannot fly
- Their feathers are slick and waterproof to help them swim
- Baby penguins do not have this coat of feathers, and they need their parents to get food for them
- The smallest penguin is the fairy penguin.
- The fairy penguin is half the size of a regular penguin, and around the height of a baby penguin
- They live in the arctic, eat fish, and are in good condition
They will be in 1 large tank, with 20 penguins in it
- Has a mantle to protect organs
- Mantle produces its shell.
- Moves with its feet.
- Has kidneys
- Most numerous type of mollusks are gastropods
- Gastropods include snails and slugs.
- The common cuttlefish has their foot on the same side as their stomach, hence the name stomach foot
- The common cuttlefish is a saltwater animal
- The common cuttlefish is a cephalopod
- Live in the tropics
- Currently in good health
They will live in 3 tanks, with 1 in each tank
- Sponges are animals, but don’t move
- People thought sponges were plants for a very long time
- Despite not moving, sponges collect food from the water, classifying them as an animal.
- Sponges have pores to absorb food
- The demosponge lives in a reef
- The demosponge lives in tropical areas
- The demosponge feeds off of bacteria in the water
- They originated around north Greenland
- They are currently in a healthy population
- They are also sometimes classified as a subspecies because of their multiple variations
They will all be in one tank of 5 sponges